In this 4-wheel drive all terrain vehicle are several men who have already completed the first couple of chapters of life. Some of these men I have known for over 30 years, we have experienced each others story in a personal way for decades, and when you know someone that long, you get to know the real person behind the protective layers.
I had the opportunity to spend a week with these fine gentleman on a 200 acre farm in middle America, we were not there for the fishing, although we fished, we were not there to bog around in the mud, hatch baby chickens, feed horses or take walks in the country, although we did all these things. We were there to spend time together and focus on one thing. We were there to encourage and challenge each other to maximize our lives for eternal purposes.
It is common knowledge in the business world to begin with the end in sight; otherwise the old adage comes into play “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will do”. Sometimes we remember to plan our business lives and forget that the same principles can apply to our personal lives as well.
Here are some essential ingredients to help you maximize your life.
- It is essential to understand your mission and purpose for living.
- It is essential to have friends that can offer honest outside perspective.
- It is essential to have Biblical values that can guide you in your decisions.
- It is essential to know where you are going and prayerfully make a plan.
- It is essential to act on your plan by putting your faith into action.
Each of the men in this story decided many years ago that their primary purpose in life is to know and love God with all their heart, mind, soul and strength.